The small changes that can make a big difference
To kick off our scheme to become a more environmentally-friendly company, we made some simple changes right here in the office. These easy changes have saved us money and reduced our negative impact on the planet.Read More
- Recycle inkjets, batteries and toners.
- Join your local recycling scheme.
- Use NAPM accredited recycled paper. The quality of such paper has increased enormously in recent years and its costs are often comparable to that of virgin paper.
Go beyond necessity
- Use eco-friendly products.
- Cycle to work.
- Take pride in making the world a better place and encourage others!
- Enforce an overnight computer - shutdown rule.
- Don't use air-conditioning unless the weather is above a certain temperature. Turn the unit off overnight.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Do not needlessly print documents. When you do print, print double-sided (duplex on) and with a low dpi (draft quality).
- THINK before throwing things away - can an item be reused?
- Reduce un-recyclable waste by buying products with biodegradable/recyclable packaging or no packaging at all (fruit, vegetables, etc).
- Reuse Cyan delivery boxes.
- Where possible, use email instead of mail for corporate communication. Is it possible to deal with orders and send invoices electronically?